Information collected automatically:
When you use CandidDate, we automatically collect and store certain information about your mobile device and your activities.
This information includes:
- Mobile Device ID. Your mobile device's unique ID number.
- Geographic Location. Your mobile device's geographic location when you register for CandidDate through our mobile app.
- Device Information/Specifications. Technical information about your mobile device (for example, type of device or operating system) to prevent fraud and gather broad demographic information.
- Length and Extent of Usage. How long you used CandidDate and which services and features you used.
Information you choose to provide: Information We Obtain From Facebook. In order to register with CandidDate, you may be asked to sign in using your mobile phone number or Facebook login. If you do so, you are authorizing us to access your device’s contact list, including but are not limited to contact names, phone numbers, alias and email addresses; or certain Facebook account information, including information about you and your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other CandidDate users. By allowing us to access your devise’s contact list and Facebook account, you understand that we may obtain certain information from your Facebook account, including your name, e-mail address, birthday, work history, education history, current city, pictures stored on Facebook, and the names, profile pictures, relationship status, and current cities of your Facebook friends. We only obtain information from your Facebook account that you specifically authorize and grant us permission to obtain.
Information You Provide Directly to Us. In addition, when you register with CandidDate through your mobile phone number, you must provide certain information, including your mobile phone number, legal name, marital status, date of birth, gender, educational background, occupation, residence, height and monthly income. You may provide additional information about yourself (such as a short bio, etc.) in order to build your CandidDate profile. When you register with CandidDate, you are allowing CandidDate access to your device’s contact list whereby CandidDate will use this information to find matches through mutual friends with other CandidDate users.
Mobile Phone Number: We require you mobile phone number from you when you register with CandidDate. We use your mobile phone number for both “administrative” (for example confirming your registration, CandidDate service announcements) and “promotional” (for example newsletters, new product offerings, event notifications, third-party offers) purposes. Text messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the texts, including whether the text was read and what links (if any) were clicked. You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from CandidDate at any time via the opt-out links or codes provided in such communications. However, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to CandidDate such as service announcements, security alerts, update notices, or other administrative messages without affording you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
Survey Data: We may periodically conduct voluntary member surveys. We encourage our members to participate in such surveys because they provide us with important information regarding the improvement of CandidDate. We do not link the survey responses to your name or phone number, and all responses are anonymous.
• How we use the information
1. match your profile with other CandidDate users;
2. respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
3. communicate with you about CandidDate and related offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
4. monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
5. investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities; and
6. provide, maintain, and improve CandidDate and our overall business.
Use for Research. In addition to the uses outlined above, by using CandidDate, you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to continue our research into successful relationships, including how to create and foster these relationships, so that we may continue to improve the CandidDate experience.
• Sharing Your Information
Service Providers. We may share your information with our third-party service providers that support various aspects of our business operations (for example security and payment processors).
Legal Disclosures and Business Transfers. We may disclose any information without notice or consent from you: (a) in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; (b) to investigate or report illegal activity; or (c) to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of any or all of our assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
Aggregate Data. We may share aggregated, non-PII with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Sharing Your Device’s Contact list or Facebook Information. Your Device’s Contact or Facebook friends’ names and one profile picture can be shared with your CandidDate matches who are already friends with these device’s contact or Facebook friends.
• Referring Your Friends
We encourage you to refer your friends to CandidDate by sending us your friend’s mobile phone number or e-mail. We will keep this information in our database, and send these friends a one-time text or e-mail containing your name and inviting them to visit our app. This text or e-mail will also include instructions on how to opt out and unsubscribe from our text or e-mail list. You agree that you will not abuse this feature by entering the mobile phone numbers or e-mail addresses of those individuals who would not be interested in using CandidDate.
• Updating or Removing Account Information
You may review or edit your profile as you wish, by logging into your CandidDate account using the information supplied during the registration process. If you would like to have us delete your account information, we may do so by deactivating your account first and then permanently deleting your account.
• Third Party Sites
CandidDate may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
• Age Restriction
We do not target or allow persons under 18 years of age to use CandidDate. If you are a parent or legal guardian who discovers that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will promptly delete such information from our files.
• Securing Your Personal Information
We endeavor to safeguard personal information to ensure that information is kept private. However, please be aware that unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, the inherent insecurity of the Internet and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information at any time. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
• How to Contact Us
Last Updated: September 14, 2016
This is a legal agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Sixians Technologies Inc. (“we,” “us,” or “our”). By using our mobile app, and/or other services we provide you become a user and agree to, and are bound by, the terms and conditions of this Agreement for as long as you continue to use the app. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE APP. Your use of, or participation in, certain Services may be subject to additional terms, and such terms will be either listed in this Agreement or will be presented to you for your acceptance when you sign up to use such Services.
CandidDate’s services consist of a service for single people, including interactive content and community services. CandidDate may offer additional services or revise any of the Services, at its discretion, and this Agreement will apply to all additional services or revised Services. CandidDate also reserves the right to cease offering any of the Services.
This Agreement is subject to change by CandidDate in its sole discretion at any time, with or without notice. Your continued use of this app or the Services after the posting of revisions to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such revisions. Please consult the end of this Agreement to determine when the Agreement was last revised.
1. Minimum Age. You must be at least 18 years old to use the app and to register for the Services. By registering to the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
2. Marital Status. By requesting to use, registering to use, or using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are not legally married or in a relationship.
3. Criminal History. By requesting to use, registering to use, and/or using the Service, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and/or are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. CANDIDDATE DOES NOT CURRENTLY CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON ITS MEMBERS. However, CandidDate reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check, at any time and using available public records, to confirm your compliance with this subsection.
• Use of App and Service
As a user of the app or a user registered to use any of the Services (a “Registered User”), you agree to the following:
1. Exclusive Uses. Your account is for your personal use only. You may not authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that CandidDate is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your user names and passwords.
2. Geographic Limitationss. Using the Service may be prohibited or restricted in certain countries. If you use the Service from outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access or use the app or Service. To the extent that the Services are not legal in your jurisdiction, you may not use the Services. The Services may not be used where prohibited by law.
3. Information Submitteds. You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding, (i) the information and content you contribute to the Service; (ii) the information and content you post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available (hereinafter “post”) through the Services; and (iii) your interactions with other Registered Users through the Services.
4. Risk Assumption and Precautionss. You assume all risk when using the Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others, including dating. You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting individuals through the Service.
5. No Guaranteess. CandidDate may not be able to provide matches for everyone seeking to use its services. Further, CandidDate makes no guarantees as to the number or frequency of matches through the Service, or to such matches’ ability, desire or criteria to communicate with any user. You understand that CandidDate makes no guarantees, either explicit or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the Service or as to the conduct of such individuals.
6. Reporting of Violationss. You will promptly report to CandidDate any violation of the Agreement by others, including but not limited to, Registered Users.
7. Content Removals. CandidDate reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the information or material you submit to the Services or post in the public areas of the Services. CandidDate will have the right to remove any such information or material that in its sole opinion violates, or may violate, any applicable law or either the letter or spirit of this Agreement or upon the request of any third party.
8. No False Informations. You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to CandidDate or to any other user. If information provided to CandidDate or another user subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify CandidDate of such change.
9. No Advertising or Commercial Solicitations. You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products or services through the app or Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other users. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent. If you breach the terms of this subsection and send or post unsolicited bulk e-mail, “spam” or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to CandidDate, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay CandidDate $1,000 for each such unsolicited communication you send through the Services.
10. Unique and Bona Fide Profiles. As a Registered User of the Service, you will create only one unique profile. In addition, your use of the Service must be for bona fide relationship-seeking purposes in order to maintain the integrity of the Service (for example, you may not become a Registered User solely to compile a report of compatible singles in your area, or to write a school research paper). Not all registered users are available for matching. From time to time, CandidDate may create test profiles in order to monitor the operation of the Services.
11. Selection of Profiless. Our service provides exclusive matching, and your profile will be selected to introduce you to specific matches based on our algorithm. You will be under no obligation to meet with or communicate with the match(es) we may introduce to you.
12. No Harassment of CandidDate Employees or Agentss. You will not harass, annoy, intimidate or threaten any CandidDate employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Services to you.
• Proprietary Rights
1. Ownership of Proprietary Information. You hereby acknowledge and agree that CandidDate is the owner of highly valuable proprietary information, including without limitation, the matching algorithm, profiles, and profile questions. CandidDate owns and hereby retains all proprietary rights in the Services and the app, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information.
2. No Use of Confidential Information. You will not post, copy, modify, transmit, disclose, show in public, create any derivative works from, distribute, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any (i) Confidential Information or (ii) other copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information accessible via the Services, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
3. Other Users’ Information. Other Registered Users may post copyrighted information, which has copyright protection whether or not it is identified as copyrighted. You agree that you will not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, commercially use, or sell any CandidDate or third party proprietary information available via the Services or the app.
4. License to Posted Content. By posting information or content to any profile pages or public area of the Services, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to CandidDate and its users, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such information and content, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the foregoing. From time to time, we may create, test or implement new features or programs on the app in which you may voluntarily choose to participate, in accordance with the additional terms and conditions of such features or programs. By your voluntary participation in such features or programs, you grant us the rights stated in this subsection in connection with the additional terms and conditions (if any) of such features or programs.
• User Information
Privacy Statement. For information about the collection and possible use of information and material provided by you, please read our Privacy Statement above. By using the app or the Services, you are consenting to the terms of CandidDate’s Privacy Statement.
No Contact Information. You agree that you will not post any mobile phone numbers, e-mail addresses, personal website address or profile page you may have on a third party website, or other contact information in areas other than those specifically designated for this information, or in any other communications you may have with other users. You may, at your discretion, exchange such information after you are mutually connected through the company’s private message line.
Disclosure By Law. You acknowledge and agree that CandidDate may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend CandidDate’s, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
Disclosure to Protect Abuse Victims. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the Privacy Statement, CandidDate reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disclose any information that you submit to the Services, if in its sole opinion, CandidDate suspects or has reason to suspect, that the information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. Information may be disclosed to authorities that CandidDate, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials. You hereby acknowledge and agree that CandidDate is permitted to make such disclosure.
Use of Anonymous Information for Research. By using the Services, you agree to allow CandidDate to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences through the Services to continue CandidDate’s research into successful relationships and to improve the Services.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites / Dealings with Advertisers and Sponsors. The Services may contain links to web sites of third-parties, including without limitation, advertisers, which are not under the control of CandidDate, and CandidDate is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such web sites. CandidDate provides these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply that CandidDate endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content on such third-party web site. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers or sweepstakes sponsors found on or through the Services (including payment and delivery of related goods or services, any personal information or opt-in contact information voluntarily given to advertisers and sweepstake sponsors, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings) are solely between you and such advertiser or sweepstakes sponsor. You agree that CandidDate will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings, including the sharing of the information you supply to CandidDate with advertisers or sweepstakes sponsors, or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Services. Please visit our Privacy Statement to learn more about how we use your information.
• Disclaimer of Warranty
1. No Warranties. THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. CANDIDDATE PROVIDES THE SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. CANDIDDATE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. CANDIDDATE DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES.
2. Third Party Content. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but not directly by CandidDate, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. CANDIDDATE DOES NOT: (i) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SERVICES, OR (ii) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE, OR STATEMENT MADE BY ANY PARTY OTHER THAN CANDIDDATE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CANDIDDATE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANYONE’S RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES, OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY USERS.
3. Beta Features. From time to time, CandidDate may offer new “beta” features or tools with which its users may experiment on the Services. Such features or tools are offered solely for experimental purposes and without any warranty of any kind, and may be modified or discontinued at CandidDate’s sole discretion. The provisions of this Disclaimer of Warranty section apply with full force to such features or tools.
• Limitation of Liability
1. Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL CANDIDDATE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF CANDIDDATE KNOWS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
2. No Liability for non-CandidDate Actions. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL CANDIDDATE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THE SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES OR WHO ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD OR HARM YOU.
3. Information Verification. CandidDate and its contractors may use various ways of verifying information that users have provided. However, none of those ways are perfect, and you agree that CandidDate and its contractors will have no liability to you arising from any incorrectly verified information.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CandidDate, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of (a) your use of or inability to use the app or Services, (b) any user postings made by you, (c) your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. CandidDate reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with CandidDate in asserting any available defenses.
• Complaints / Law Enforcement Contact
To resolve a complaint regarding the Service, e-mail us at email@example.com.
• Communication and Privacy
We may use your e-mail address to send you messages notifying you of important changes to the Services or special offers.
• Term and Termination
This Agreement will become effective upon your acceptance of the Agreement by your use of the app or the Services and will remain in effect in perpetuity unless terminated hereunder. Either you or CandidDate may terminate your account at any time, for any reason or no reason, without explanation, effective upon sending written notice to the other party. CandidDate reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate your access to any of the Services, without notice, for any reason or no reason. We also reserve the right to remove your account information or data from our Services and any other records at any time at our sole discretion. In the event your access to any of the Services is suspended due to the breach of this Agreement, you agree that all fees then paid to CandidDate by you will be nonrefundable and all outstanding or pending payments will immediately be due.
• General Provisions
1. Controlling Law and Jurisdiction. You agree that California law (without giving effect to its conflicts of law principles) will govern this Agreement, the app and the Services and that any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the app or the Services will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal and state courts in California. You acknowledge and agree that any violation of this Agreement may cause CandidDate irreparable harm, and therefore agree that CandidDate will be entitled to seek extraordinary relief in court, including but not limited to temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions and permanent injunctions without the necessity of posting a bond or other security, in addition to and without prejudice to any other rights or remedies that CandidDate may have for a breach of this Agreement.
2. Miscellaneous. This Agreement, which you accept upon registration for the Services, the Term and Agreements located on the app, and any applicable payment, renewal, Additional Services terms, comprise the entire agreement between you and CandidDate regarding the use of this Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and CandidDate related to your use of this app or Services (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of this Agreement). Unless otherwise explicitly stated, the Agreement will survive termination of your registration to the Service. The failure of CandidDate to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the use of the Site or this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
• Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on the app, please notify CandidDate at firstname.lastname@example.org as set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA). For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide the following information in writing: 1. An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; 2. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed; 3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the Site; 4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit CandidDate to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; 5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and 6. A statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner. The above information must be submitted to CandidDate.